Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Chasing My Tail


So this time of year always hits me hard. It is an intense gear shift at work that grinds me harder every year. Also big changes for other aspects of real life. It is intense in Blazeville right now and it is going to be awesome on the other side. Getting there is going to be tough going and requiring a steady pace.  I am thankful for my second life as an escape, now more than ever.  


When I first logged in this evening I thought I wanted to dance it off.  And then I thought I could start on my sim rebuild. Then I realized I needed something even more peaceful relaxed. For some strange reason, I find it most comforting to be self-indulgent and distracted, in this case it means; dress up, take snappies, and blather. 


So I put on some recent acquisitions; my new centauress and favorite gown from the last round of C88. All the Greek-ness of these looks called for a trip to an old fave sim MIC Imaginarium.  Half of the sim regularly hosts art builds though the last two times I was there, there was only ocean, but I was there for the temple and woodlands anyway.  


A little play with pixels and some time with words is helping gain peace.  Everyday I just have to hack off a reasonable sized chunk of the to-do list, connect with friends in both worlds, and continue to make time for creativity.  All things will fall in to place.



No comments:

Post a Comment